This page contains useful tips and recommendations to make streaming Dauntless easier and more efficient.
Streaming Tips & Tricks
- Give your PC a fresh reset.
- Make sure your GPU drivers are updated.
- Make sure your webcam is still straight and your microphone is on. Confirm webcam and microphone settings have not reset themselves.
- Mute your mobile phone, or any other sound emitting device externally you don’t want interrupting you.
- Check your PC for any sound-enabled software and mute ones you do not want emitting sound during a stream.
- Make sure Dauntless is patched and working correctly.
- Read the latest Dauntless Patch Notes for any changes.
- Check Dauntless and your ISP maintenance times if there are any.
- Confirm your upload bitrate, ingest server and resolution. Run a SpeedTest just in case there’s internet issues.
- Make sure your audio is leveled correctly before you go live. The best way to do this is to do a test local record and play it back.
- Test your stream alerts to make sure they are working correctly, if you’re using them.
- Double-check your sources in your stream software to make sure they are locked, if they are lockable.
- If you’re streaming for a while, don’t forget to stretch and have snacks/water prepared.
- Make sure VODs are enabled, if you’re wanting to record a VOD.
- Make sure Local Recording is on, if you want a copy of the broadcast on your computer afterwards.
- Don’t forget to notify your community before you go live!
- Make sure you’re registered as a streamer in the Unofficial Discord so when your stream goes live the bot there notifies the greater community that you’re ready to slay!
- Be sure to tell your family and friends about your stream. Even if only a few of them watch, it really helps with discoverability when you’re just starting out.
- Make friends with other Dauntless streamers - Growing a community is easier when everyone works and quests together!
- Make it easy for your community to engage with you, give them opportunities to play with you on streams. Viewers are more likely to engage in a stronger way if they are more deeply involved.
Recommended settings for streaming
|>20Mbps||3840 x 2160||60|
|15Mbps||3840 x 2160||30|
|10Mbps||2560 x 1440||60|
|8Mbps||2560 x 1440
1920 x 1080
|6Mbps||1600 x 900||60|
|5Mbps||1920 x 1080
1280 x 720
|4Mbps||1280 x 720||50|
|3Mbps||1280 x 720
720 x 480
|2Mbps||720 x 480||30|
|<1Mbps||640 x 360||20|
|<500Kbps||426 x 240||20|